Thursday, January 20, 2005

artichokes

finally
artichokes
but they don't look good
too open

spotted
the bag
--bought by my husband--
on the kitchen floor

did mayonaise check
discovered the kp mayo
only a spoonful missing

guess we went
a whole summer
sans mayo salads

date long past
not a total loss
nice glass jar

luckily
found out
while doing
shopping list

think of all
the fruits and veggies
met here
for the first time

artichokes
avocados
kiwi
fennel

and my parents are
adventurous
--we ate eggplant!

2 comments:

Sarah Smile said...

I bought some beautiful artichokes at Machane Yehuda in Jerusalem today! And so cheap!
What is fennel and how do you cook it?

kitten said...

Thats a cute poem....and I dont EVEN like Artichokes!!..

I blogged you off of My Wide Blue Seas...Like your blog, ill be back!
Thanks

Kitten