Monday, January 03, 2005

Demonstrating



rather ambivalent
about this demonstration

ten days
in front of the Kenesset

each day
different locality
locals
of different communities

starts with Mateh Benyamin
Benjamin County
Shiloh
first Jewish capital
three hundred and sixty nine years

tons of money
we don't have spare
poured into
tents
where we hide from
the rain
and passers by

what's the point?

politicians
will pass
in their cars
eyes on their seats

what's the point?
travelers
will pass
on their way

what's the point?
not a pedestrian neighborhood

two main objections
that was the first
isolated off a thoroughfare
no chance to interact
with others

looking scraggly
unkempt
like the relative
not invited
we can't influence

and second point
mockery
of refugees

why choose
to be homeless
even one night, day, hour

in Oslo times
when predicted
that I'd be banished from my home
G-d forbid!

pictured myself
in a tent
in Independence Park
downtown Jerusalem

I have one home
if it's
G-d forbid taken
no joke

but
despite my opposition
I'll pay a quick visit
like to a sick relative

demonstrating
against destruction

No comments: