Monday, February 14, 2005

annoying

Last night's post was swallowed, makes me nervous.

We had a small town meeting of sorts. Neighbors have been organizing monthly meetings in their home; usually they're shiurim, Torah classes. For months they've been promising us a meeting with the "mazkir," the town "administrator." Since he's not a Shiloh resident, most of us don't know him. He's like the CEO, if this was a business, and since he's really a businessman, who considers the job like a paid hobby, which he explained when he introduced himself, that's how he looks at it.

I was surprised in many ways. First, his English is totally fluent and good. He spent 3 years in England as a kid. And second, he seems lots more impressive professionally than I had imagined. I guess as a pr opportunity for him, it was a success. My previous meeting with him, early on, was not as pleasant.

The evening was attended by the usual Shiloh mix of Anglos from New Zealand, New York, Hong Kong, Holland and other places. I love my neighbors.

No comments: