Thursday, February 03, 2005

continued, Now-- Kohelet, Ecclesiastes

I once heard that green was the color associated with the moshiach, so that's why I chose it for my notes, since he's decended from King David. I finished my T'hilim notes last time, so now Kohelet.

Kohelet 5, 10
We return to the "fisherman story," who was happy just fishing for his needs and didn't see the point of becoming a big business man, just so that he could vacation on occassion with a fishing rod. Whenever I hear that story I think of the people who tell me that my life would be easier with a car; I wouldn't need to wait for rides to work, etc. And I reply that then I'd have to work more hours to support a car, adn I wouldn't have the time for study and fitness and other activities that give me the physical and mental and spiritual strength to enjoy teaching.

My husband wants the computer now.

No comments: