Thursday, February 24, 2005

different colors

When I was a kid, we had an album sung by Danny Kaye, which had a song, "Kisses," "...kisses have all kinds of colors, some pink, some brown, some summer-time green..." if I remember correctly. Yesterday when I ran out the the Ofra Junction "hitching post," to wait for a ride home, I was astounded by the colors of the sunset out there. It was much lighter than the Shiloh variety. Much lighter than any I could remember. Maybe it was the season, because our sunrises have been changing, too. Though the sunsets in Beit El, as seen through the bullet-proofed glass windows in the English room, are strongly hued.

The most glorious sunrise here was early winter. I wish my camera recorded the dates on the pictures, so it would be easier to keep records.

Anyone else notice locational and seasonal differences?

No comments: