Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Where do they get their energy?

I teach in a yeshiva high school, yes teenage boys, and today, some of them were energetic to say the least. A bunch of the seniors, not my students, decided to serenade me and danced around me. I was laughing so hard tears came out. Especially their: "Batya, we love you, and you're so beautiful." All they love is that I"m not their teacher.

And then my 10th grade class, my angels, were in a mood. I even had to yell at them and could hardly get anything done. When I finally finished, I saw the Principle and Rosh Yeshiva and told them. And they smiled, that's the way boys are supposed to be, full of energy. Ok, I didn't tell them about the dancing and singing.

But honestly, I'm glad that I teach boys and not girls.

No comments: