Friday, April 29, 2005

last day

I really can't believe that we're getting into the last day of Pesach. And it's a Shabbat, so this year we have really had a nice holiday. I had a day at home to just goof off and one in the Old City of Jerusalem and went to the Kotel, the Western Wall, and wandered around with a friend and we bought earrings.

And the next day we, plus another friend, went to the Dead Sea, and then I visited my sister-in-law and her family staying in the Citidal Hotel, where Russian President Putin is inconveniencing everyone.

And then yesterday I cooked and wrote and then went into Jerusalem to meet them and old friends for dinner. And I bought myself a watch to replace the one I had given to my daughter #3. And yes, I like the new one much better, and it didn't cost a lot.

And now, I have to finish cooking and do the shopping.

I hope to remember to serve on disposables to make the post Pesach cleanup easier.

And once the house is back to normal, I'll go to my neighbor's for their "Maimona" feast. That's where we'll eat the first chametz, delicious butter fried pancakes spread with butter and honey. I don't know how she does it. Years ago they'd invite the entire yishuv, but now it's for close friends.

Time to turn off the computer and get back to business....

Shabbat Shalom and Chag Sameach,

and I'm sure I'll be back online before candle-lighting

No comments: