Sunday, May 01, 2005

Malka Mishmash replies, again


Dear Baile Rochel,

I am still "kekeling from gelechter" at your Pesach experiences; seems like we are sisters-in-blood" - maybe from the original "put-it-on-the doorpost" days! Could be that some of my socks-and lids are actually kanoodling with some of yours since they seem to be AWOL from here!

Now that Pesach is over and I am at leisure replacing the bread-of-affliction dishes with everyday Melmac I have taken a detour and am looking through some of my cookbooks. Ah,
what delicious chametsdicke dishes I could have converted to Pesach delicacies! (I hope it's o.k. to say 'converted' in the Holy Land; G-d forbid, I should be sinning such a long time before Rosh Hashanah when I can cast my averot to the fish!

Speaking of fish recipes- here's one that my mother (z"l) used to make and I missed it for this year! Now may be the time to write it down and remember it because I am sure to for-get it again if I wait.:

Ingredients: filet of cod -as much as you need
onions - as much as you want
ketchup - as much as you can stand
oil- as much as you should use for the desired results

Instructions: oil in frying pan - heated
sliced or chopped onion - sauteed in oil till golden brown
add ketchup to onion mixture - mish well
fish in baking dish
smother (if fish is not yet dead this will fix it) with onion/ketchup mixture
bake for a while on 350% equivalent (not yet converted in my mind)

Can't believe that I have used 'converted' again. Maybe I don't have to worry since two negatives do make a positive. Well, on that 'positive' note, sister Rochel Baile, I must get back to the real world of bread and bagels. Oh, yeh, and one more matzah brei to finish the last box!

Malka Mishmash
In Jerusalem

p.s. If you should find my sock and pot lid lying low in your house please assure them that all is forgiven - if they come right home!

1 comment:

Omni said...

You'll never see that sock again; socks are the larval form of wire hangers... check your closet, lol.