Sunday, October 30, 2005

Anti-spam

I guess we're all in agreement about the importance of keeping spam and viruses out of our email and blogs, but sometimes it's such a challenge to send mail and comments. Blogspot's "word" verification isn't too bad, except for the times I find myself with 6 or 7 letters to type in, rather than 4, but it enabled me to open up my comments, on my varied and various blogs, to many more people including non-bloggers and those who'd rather stay totally anonymous.

Yahoo is a real challenge, and as a teacher of MLD's, (mild learning disabled) like the dyslexic and dysgraphic, I can't imagine how they can figure out the letters and numbers. Even I get caught, forced to retry with a new mystery challenge, at least 10% of the time.

Other blogs have "closed clubs" of commenters, which is so annoying. After working hard to write just the right clever, unforgettable comment, I find myself rejected.

It's also annoying and sometimes highly inconvenient to be told by yahoo that I've sent too much mail in the past hour. Then I have to save the letter as a draft and remember to send it later, not easy for one suffering "information overload." How could they dare have though that I was spamming?

2 comments:

Esther said...

They've obviously gone nutty. :) Yeah, I miss the word verification from time to time as well. But it beats having spam.

Batya said...

True, but what is starting to get to me are the closed comments.