Thursday, December 15, 2005

I vote for...

...next year, or even later. Regarding digital cameras that is.

Yesterday, while touring the "refugee housing" of Disengagement victims, I took pictures with my real-film camera. While comparing cameras with others on the trip, I was gratified to discover that I'm not the only one who hasn't gone digital. The camera reviews, like the one I linked to from the NY Times, keep stressing that they are getting better and less expensive every year. So if you have a film camera that still works, keep it for as long as you can. That's what I'm doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you had a digital camera, we'd be able to enjoy some of the pictures from your tiyul.

We received a digital camera just over two years ago and have managed to take over five thousands pictures. Maybe a third have been deleted (closed eyes, off-centre, finger on lens). With a film camera, we'd have taken a couple hundred only.

I suggest that you forget the nostalgia and go digital, but don't forget to print a few.

Batya said...

Next week, G-d willing, bli neder, I'll have them printed. and on a cd.

Actually we have a digital, just don't really use it. or use it and don't see the pictures.