Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lovely Left-over Lunch

Yesterday, when it came time to make lunch, and I needed a good one before going off to work, I noticed lots of left-overs in the fridge. Of first priority, according to price, was a piece of salmon I had cooked for lunch way back when on Friday, or was it dinner Thursday evening?

There was also a container of fine rice noodles from Friday lunch and some regular pasta from Thursday night.

I don't eat double-carbs and some of my meals have none at all, so I had to choose which. I chose the rice noodles, since I had eaten wheat in the morning.

Then I cut up some vegetables (onion, squash and you can also use carrots, cabbage--anything!), put it in the giant frying pan, added oil and the fish, covered it all and started cooking it. When it was mostly cooked I added Tamari (soy) sauce and some balsamic (optional) vinegar, and when that was cooking hot, I added the already cooked noodles. I let it cook a little and then served it over some freshly cut salad.

I ate it all, and then I was off to work.

You can do the same with any cooked protein, like poultry and beef. AKA stir fried vegetables or "Chinese" food. You can also use tofu, just add more flavoring.

No comments: