Friday, January 13, 2006

New York, first glance

I'll be writing more, eventually, about my impressions of this quick, winter visit. Here's the first glance. OK, rather jetlagged, but managing.

Withdrawal has been better than I expected. I'm referring to my not being online, or near a keyboard since Tuesday early morning, until a few minutes ago, Friday afternoon. And I probably won't return until back home on Wed.

Please, if any of you are waiting for me reply to mail, I just checked my yahoo before blogging and found 150, round number, no exageration of letters, and there's no way I can check it all forget about replying, until I'm home. And you should know that I have tests to write up when I get home. So by then, there will be well over 200, right, so what do you think?

I also don't have a cell phone with me. Every once in awhile I hear "sounds" and think, oops! maybe it's my phone. Then I remember, no phone! After wasting a dollar in quarters in JFK trying to reach the taxi that had been ordered, I was really fed up. So, when I was at the LIRR GN station yeswterday I decided to ask the Kiosk/newsstand if they're was something for local calls, like the asimon card to call Israel. And he said yes, so I boutgt one. OK lots of numbers to dial, but so much chaeper. I feel like an idiot. Do you have any idea how much money I wasted last summer? Yes, most of you probably think "how dumb can she be?"

Sorry for the typos and lack of graphics. I guess that blogger doesn't like this mac.

Shabbat's getting closer. My visit is 1/2 over.

G-d willing, Sunday at the Ben Zakkai Dinner, I'll meet some of you.

Shabat Shalom! from the big apple!

No comments: