Monday, April 24, 2006

And tired, too

This morning I complained that I was sore, but now I'm tired. My Passover vacation is over. I taught this afternoon.

I walked this morning with friends, sort of in between the raindrops. It was crazy. First I waited out in the drizzle for my friends to show up. Finally one did, and the other invited us into her house, since the rain was strong. Just as her husband came home, the rain stopped, so we walked, and we walked. Then I went down to the grocery store.

Just a little shopping, but there was no ride home, so up I sculpted--too much.

Then I realized that I had better get ready to go to work. Made lunch and planned lessons. I also tried to find any tests I sort of thought I had given my students. I hadn't done anything for work the entire vacation. Got ready.

My shoes were wet, and my feet were cold, but I didn't want to wear my really good walking shoes, and I didn't want to wear boots, so I kept the wet shoes on.

Then I went to work, but it wasn't so simple. No ride out of Shiloh. Finally the bus came, but he wouldn't let me off by the T junction to Beit El, only Ofra, so I waited again. Finally a young mother with lots of carseats and a baby in the car. Room for one, me, as far as the junction. Then more waiting in the cold and rain. Finally a ride to Beit El and a walk to the yeshiva where I teach. I survived, and the trip home was easier.

And now I'm just too tired, so I'll go to bed.

No comments: