Sunday, May 28, 2006

swell, cut and...

I was rather surprised this morning when my feet had to be squeezed rather uncomfortably into my shoes. OK, after creaming them to try to reduce all of the dead, cracked skin, I put on thickish cotton socks to protect the shoes, but I figured that they should be fine in the morning. Honestly I don't suffer from swollen feet, it's just that the size changes ever so slightly from season to season etc. I've also been wearing sandals for the past week or so, since it had gotten really hot. If I take a walk, it will have to be in different footwear.

After decades, yes, decades of having my hair tied with a strong metal clasp under my hair covering, I'm thinking of having a real hair cut. Of course, my hair will still be covered, but I won't need to use that clip. I'm not thinking of one of those "crew cuts" so popular nowadays, just very short in the back, and leaving enough to be pinned on the sides. Ever since I got married, I've cut my own hair, since the edges don't show. Now, I'll have to call my neighbor who does it professionally. The only problem is if I decide to grow it out again, there's a difficult "in between" stage.

Now, should I call my neighbor to ask if "we're walking?" I have other plans today, so if we walk, it should be very soon.

No comments: