Saturday, June 03, 2006

Quick Note

First, yes, I'm back, wasn't away, it was the Shavuot Holiday and then Shabbat, which kept me electricly incomunicado for over two days. I'll blog about it, G-d willing tomorrow.

But don't worry, there's plenty to read, just go to Mediocre media 3. It's a great "newish" blog carnival, which specializes in media madness. There's lots to be said about the media, not all of it good.

In the meantime, I'll let you know how I ended the shiur, Torah Class I gave here. I "opened" the night's learning for the English speakers of Shiloh. On Shavuot we read the Book of Ruth, which tells what happened to the rich family of Elimelech who left Bethlehem at times of trouble, instead of helping others. He lost his money, his sons and his life. Finally his widow Naomi and their daughter-in-law Ruth trudge back alone, poverty-stricken and desperate. In the meantime, there was financial recovery.

The moral is not to desert the Land of Israel in times of trouble, or you will end up like Elimelech!




No comments: