Friday, June 09, 2006

Waterless Shabbat?

I hope not!

Just as I was filling, rinsing the giant electric water urn before Shabbat, I noticed that our water pressure was rapidly falling, like a ton of bricks, or the Titanic, choose your example, or pick whatever. Well, as I was saying, I suddenly noticed that less than an hour before Shabbat, and not only no water for showers, but it looks like the toilets can flush only once. It's a good thing the guest, who wanted to know what life's like out here, got to take a shower first. I guess she's seen enough and won't be back so soon.

The pre-Shabbat clock is ticking, and the reserve tank doesn't seem to be working very well, or did my husband use up the last drops rinsing his corn. I hope he enjoys it. We don't have any disposable plates either, so we can't skip the fancy ones. Didn't the orchestra play on as the Titanic went down? OK, bad comparisan. We're not drowning. There's no water! That's all!

We have five bottles of mineral water, 1 1/2 liters each, in the pantry/laundry room.

Let's just keep our sense of humor! Gulp! Gulp!

No comments: