Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dancing Rebbe

Yitz, who guest-blogs on Shiloh Musings, wrote this great post on the Dancing Rebbe.

Being the kinesthetic type, I must admit that I danced my way to yiddishkeit. I don't know if anyone who knew me then reads my blog, but if so, please tell people that I was once the first one on the dance floor and the last one off. I know that it's hard to believe when you look at me now.

When I took a "coaching" course, we did a little test to see if we were visual, verbal or kinesthetic. I was the only one surprised that my results showed very strong kinesthetic tendencies. I thought I was more verbal. It could also be that in Israel, where I have to function in a language I haven't fully mastered, my visual and verbal abilities are forced to take more minor roles.

Kinesthetic people "feel" colors and sounds. Certain music can make me "annoyed." Then I suddenly realize that the annoying music is on, so if I turn it off, I can calm down. I also like to play with colors, not for visual aesthetics, but for attention-grabbing and feelings.

I wonder if there's a connection between my "almost hyper" type of personality and the kinesthetic. Hyper-sensitivity to multiple stimuli and easily distracted...
Hmmmmmm....

No comments: