Saturday, September 30, 2006

minor things, and death

More trouble from yahoo. Now the letters only go out after trying a few times. I started sending my lists via gmail and I use the gmail option to automatically forward my mail to yahoo. That way I don't have to check gmail all the time. I'll just go in periodically to archive and delete.

About deleting, I didn't delete my Cousin Mickey's email after he passed away, but now I keep getting these notices about "permanent" or "fatal" problems with the address. It's so depressing to think that I ought to "erase" the address. He was lost to me for decades, and finally we found each other and developed very close ties.

It's very hard to deal with death, especially of people I hardly see. I used to buy gifts for all sorts of relatives every time I'd go to the states. I had these very complete lists and spend weeks, if not months, trying to get everyone something special. I remember that the first few visits after my Aunt Sadie died, I kept looking for gifts for her.

Being so far away and therefore not being able to attend the funeral or Shiva (mourning week) make it extremely difficult to absorb the reality of death in the family. Actually I find it easier to miss the joyous occasions, than the sad ones.

No comments: