Thursday, September 14, 2006

Perfect Timing

We're in Chodesh Elul, the Jewish month of Elul, the count-down before Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur. We're supposed to be evaluating our behavior and lives to see our weaknesses and faults, to try to repent.

A fellow-blogger, Pragmatician, posted an excellent post, SIMCHA CHESSED. He described a situation we've all been in. It's when you're at a simcha and don't know anyone else. Everyone else seems to be related to each other or old friends, and they ignore you. If you're lucky, someone will make a point to speak to you and try to involve you in conversations.

I've been that "odd one out," but I must admit that I'm not the one to befriend the one who doesn't know anyone else. I guess that must be something I have to to correct the next time.

Shannah Tovah
Gmar Chatimah Tovah

No comments: