Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Yahoo! Oh, no!

Please, don't think of me as a kvetch, always complaining, but I've been having a very bad time with Yahoo! today.

I do most, the vast majority of my emailing from Yahoo! and on the whole I like it, or I did. They seem to have halved, or worse, the permitted bcc number. I send out "mass" mailings of specific articles or reminder notices. My lists were well within the permitted "at once." My largest mailings are of the "musings," and the recipients--most of whom personally requested that they be added--are divided into four lists.

I presume that Yahoo! did it to make it harder to spam from its mail service. But I'm not a spammer. I do have a gmail account, with the same name, shilohmuse at gmail dot com, but it's harder to run "lists" from there.

If they wanted to change things, they should notify us.

Also, it's very hard to compare my four lists to see if people are on more than one.

Something must be done, at least by me to make it easier to send out my articles.

I'm very tired; didnt' sleep last night. You "regulars" should know that.

4 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

I had the same problem with Yahoo last night as well.
They seem to have a limit on how many emails you can send in an hour or in a group to avoid spam. It's really annoying.

Batya said...

There has always been a limit, but now it's drastically reduced.

wendy said...

I have been having trouble with my yahoo lists, too. I only have one little group that I send to - my family. Yahoo won't keep them all connected as a group anymore, so each time I send an email I have to click each address. Not a big deal, but it used to remember that group. It is very possible that my lack of computer skills is causing this, though!

Sorry about the trouble, and Happy New Year!

Batya said...

Wendy, You can make it up as a new list. If you send to all at once, afterwards it asks you if you want to make a list of those names. Do it.