Monday, November 06, 2006

Can't complain about the rain!

That's true, since here in Israel, rain is considered a blessing and droughts poke their dryness out of the cracked earth much too easily. But I can complain that it got too cold too quickly. Maybe we should have taken our kids' advice and invested in one of those heater/cooler airconditioners. Never too late. The latest mundane dilemma is how to dry the laundry. Should I decorate the house with small folding dryers or should I splurge on electricity and use the dryer?

And if you're bored and want something really good to read, I have a couple of suggestions.

First there's the ever-growing Havel Havelim and there's BOMS, too.

Of course, you can always read newspapers, though they're depressing. Paper magazines abound, but they can be expensive. Try what you can online.

I also read books. Now I'm on the second Harry Bosch book. My daughter lent me two heavy "triples," with three of his mysteries each.

3 comments:

Batya said...

It would be nice, though boring, if I didn't have to go to work...
can't really complain

Are you getting ready for your big move?

Baleboosteh said...

Don't splurge on the electricity to dry the laundry - you will regret it when the bill comes in!

Batya said...

planning to post my solution
and try out photobucket