Monday, December 04, 2006

I should have...

First of all, I should have posted about the latest Havel Havelim up on Soccer Dad, who is really enjoying his new baby! I don't know how he has the time and energy to read and post so much. I've cut down, even though I'll be doing my usual carnivals, Haval Havelim (post Chanukah edition) and the Kosher Cooking Carnival when on Chanukah vacation, G-d willing.

Another, though very different, thing I should have had done was to have photographed the cake I served that official from the U.S. Consulate last Friday.

My husband had promised her my fantastic cookies, but I really wasn't into baking. Instead I took out a cake from the freezer. Actually when I took it out, I wasn't quite sure what it was, but I was pretty certain, from the wrapping, that it was a cake. As I carefully defrosted it, I discovered that it was a banana cake.

Once the cake was "almost fully defrosted," I topped it with a few squares of bittersweet (non-dairy) chocolate. Then I put it in the microwave again, but on a stronger whatever it's called. the cake heated a bit, and so did the chocolate, but it didn't melt.

Actually, it was a great success! And the best thing, even though it looked and smelled yummy, I didn't eat it at all!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a cake in the freezer??? mine never make it...chocolate rules...stay safe

Batya said...

Sometimes I do. It's a new trick, since I found myself with left-overs once the nest emptied. So I still mix tons of batter, and now I bake in smaller pans.

Baleboosteh said...

Sounds yummy!

BTW, mine never make it to the freezer either! :D