Monday, December 18, 2006

What's the quickest week?

It's the week I have to put together Havel Havelim, of course. Here it is, Monday night, and the cupboard is bare, or almost bare. Just one post is in. I'm going to have to mine the aggregates. And I'm going to have to visit my "friends," who "live" on my sidebars.

Tomorrow, G-d willing and bli neder, I'll start the day by posting the latest KCC. And after that, I'll really be ready to get cracking on HH.

I'm trying to get focused. I feel like I'm about to fly abroad. I always get this way before a flight, terribly sure that I've forgotten something and something will go wrong, and why should I go and...

About KCC and HH, I now must picture some of the smaller blog carnivals and see how pathetic they are and then remind myself that my carnivals are certainly better than those.

It's sort of like how I prepared mysef for being a mother. I was all of 22, and we were living in the Old City of Jerusalem. That's what it was called way back when. There were a few Jewish families and only an elderly couple near us. And there were lots of Arabs, of course. I looked at the way they lived, certianly nothign like how I was raised in the pristine 1950's in New York. So I told myself that it can't be that complicated; there's no need to sterilize everything. And then I was ready to be a mother.

So, if you haven't gotten the hint, please send links on Jewish or Israeli topics, and that includes the mundane of living in Israel or being jewish etc., for HH either to shilohmuse at yahoo dot com or via blog carnival.

I haven't even finished washing all the pots from yesterday's party. I finally finished all of the dishes.

By Thursday I'll be all hysterical trying to finish, and then the posts will be flooding my mailbox, and I'll wonder why I was so worried. If HH is supposed to have "the best Jewish and Israeli posts of the week," of course Monday is a bissel too early. Sorry for "hocking you a'chinek."

I ought to give myself a manicure while I still have some time... and there still are tests to grade...

No comments: