Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Motorcycle accidents

I didn't blog about what I saw on Sunday, but now that I read about a motorcyclist being killed in an accident, I guess I ought to.

Sunday night on the way home from Beit El, between the "T junction" and Ofra, we suddenly heard a loud "swooosh!" A motorcycle sped past us, like a maniac. We were glad to see the back of him. The guy driving me finds them frightening, since he was once involved in an accident with a motorcycle. He dropped me off to wait outside of Ofra for a continuation of my trip,since he wasn't going to be passing Shiloh.

A few minutes later I had a ride, and a couple of kilometers on, at the beginning of Waadi Charamiya, I saw a motorcycle and its driver down with people checking to see if he was ok. He looked like the one who had passed us. I quickly called my friend, who said that he had also seen him and was sure it was the same one. The driver was alive. More than that, I don't know, nor do I know who he is.

3 comments:

The Babka Nosher said...

There's a reason that they are often called donorcycles. I don't understand why a person with only a small helmet to protect their body would ride as fast and reckless as so many do.

Batya said...

Even careful driving can be dangerous, since there's no real protection.

Padmanaban said...

I don't know why these accidents are happening. If they drived carefully i hope it might not happen. Most of the accidents are happening due to OVERSPEED. Life is in our hands.
los angeles motorcycle accident lawyers