Sunday, February 04, 2007

Teach 'em Young!


My two pre-school granddaughters are learning how to cook. My daughter is a firm believer in teaching them young, whether it's cooking, cleaning or washing the dishes. She didn't learn it from me, unfortunately.
She's right. The theory is that too many of us stop/ped the kids from doing potentially helpful things, because the child is "too young" or making a mess. Then by the time the kid is "old enough," he or she couldn't be bothered.
My granddaughters are pictured here getting the rice ready, after checking for bugs, stones etc.
And while we're talking about cooking, please don't forget to send me links for the next Kosher Cooking Carnival!
Either send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com or to blog carnival. Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the cutest!!

Batya said...

thanks
yes, aren't they?

Holly Schwendiman said...

Awww how fun! I'm also a big believer in teaching young. My kids love to help with cooking and hopefully by the time they can do more on their own they'll actually know how!

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner
Here via the Carnival of Family Life. ;o)

Batya said...

Your kids are lucky and you are, too!