Sunday, February 11, 2007

Wonderful one hundred and six, so why...


... why did Jack call his Havel Havelim the "terrible two's?"

As a frequent Havel Havelim host myself and of course the initiatior and coordinator of the Kosher Cooking Carnival, I'm glad he gave us a back to basic edition, and it's great! Some of the other hosts have been so frighteningly creative, I was wondering if I should even offer my services again.

I'm cooking up a simple KCC this time, just like the vegetables in the picture. So please send your kosher food links and links to any posts suitable you've seen, not just recipes!


  • food traditions

  • Halachik comments and info

  • Passover tips

  • Purim ideas

  • Shmitta--(oy vey)

  • Kosher restaurant and cookbook reviews

  • and yes, recipes, too!

If you'd like to guest host, please let me know. Either send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com or to blog carnival. Thanks!!!

8 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

I called it the terrible twos because my beautiful daughter (2.5) is working overtime to make her abba lose all of his hair.

It is a good thing that she is so cute, because she is making me completely meshugah.

Batya said...

Enjoy her in good health. Remember! One day she'll be a teenager!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the teenage years- that's when the real fun begins! :)

Batya said...

Some never end it!

Jack Steiner said...

She already thinks that she is a teenager. You should see the queen try and run the house.

I remember when my son was that age. It was yesterday. I'll blink and his Bar Mitzvah will be around the corner.

I never thought that I'd be one of the people who said that the grow too fast, but they do. :)

Batya said...

They grow up differently nowadays. My almost 2 year old granddaughter does more on my new cellphone (see posts) than I do.

Anonymous said...

Jack, muse- it feels like us kids are straddling the line between growing up too fast and not growing up fast enough. While we may look forward to the opportunities and privileges that await us with age, we relish the chance to act younger than our actual age.

Still, I don't think that I'd necessarily want to grow up in another era. All of my past experiences have made me who I am today, and I like what I see in the mirror. I'll take the good with the bad and hope the former outweighs the latter, and call it a day.

Batya said...

what a wise young man
looking forward to meeting you