Wednesday, May 30, 2007

can't believe it's morning


I did not sleep well last night. That happens when I don't get enough exercise. I really needed my exercise class this week, but I never made it.

I finally went to the couch and found myself watching a strange movie on Jordan TV. There were two plots which ended up meeting as a romantic comedy. I guess it was a "modern" "Some like it hot," a great comedy from decades ago starring Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis. In last night's movie, two women were running from murderers and they hooked up with some drag queens, pretending to be cross-dressing performers. The second plot was about one of the drag queens who found himself reestablishing contact with his very straight brother. Of course the brother and one of the women, who's pretending to be a man dressing as a woman, are attracted to each other. She knows what she is, but he's terrified that he's attracted to a fellow-male. You can guess the end. There's a long "cameo" of Debbie Reynolds (I think that's who) playing herself and singing along with the drag queens.


Once that was over, I tried crocheting myself to sleep, then reading. I did eventually fall asleep, but not enough. I'm not going swimming today and can't decide what to do.

No comments: