Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Proof's in the Pictures (cross-posted from Shiloh Musings)

I kept saying that I wasn't going to toot my own horn and ask people to vote for me in JIB Awards, but...

...yes, but this isn't about ego. This relates to the protests about how badly the Israeli Government is run, and that includes the Foreign Ministry and Hasbara, meaning the Information Campaign.

I live in Israel, Shiloh to be exact. That's the Bible Heartland, Judea and Samaria, where our Jewish History happened. It's also what many in the world have re-named "Palestine." Part of the myth of the faux people is the "poor Arabs live in crowded hovels." Well, most of the land is empty. And the Arabs definitely don't live in hovels.

lots of new ones
That's why I took the pictures you'll see in this series, which is running for best series and newsposts in JIB awards.

By voting for my Arab Mansions series, you're voting against the incompetence and the corruption in Israeli Politics and meda. Actually, I tried to sell the series to Jewish newspapers, but nobody was interested in the truth.

The Arabs are living well. There's lots of money in the villages. They don't pay taxes. They expect Israeli tax money to support their infrastructure, roads etc. They don't need building permits. Yes, ad nauseum, and for whatever reasons, they're winning the hasbara war.

A vote for my Arab Mansions series is a vote for the truth. If you've already voted for someone else and can't vote again, at least publicize my posts.

The series is running as a series; vote here. For some strange reason, I'm running against myself in best newsposts, so vote for Arab Mansions part 1, since it is doing better and has a chance to get into the finals.

This is not for ego; it's to show that the best news source is in our jblog world.

Shavua tov!

3 comments:

Akiva said...

These are good pictures. Last time I was in the area, I took pictures of these also.

Did you note that 75% of them have no windows! That means this is even worse than you think. Not only do you have Arab mansions, but they're being built as "facts on the ground" without people living in them! Exactly what Peace Now accuses the Jewish Shomron towns of doing.

Batya said...

Most have windows now; they are just newly built.
There's lots of fresh money in the Arab villages.

therapydoc said...

Every time I see a Palestinian on television or on the radio they complain about their hovels. This is a very important blog. Thanks for informing us. It's ironic that having traveled Israel many times, before and after the Intifada, I've never found the poverty we see in America on road trips. Why is it your blog doesn't get the press that they do? I'll hyperlink over, Muse.