Sunday, May 06, 2007

Where was I?


Some of you may have noticed the silence. No new posts from Friday morning until this morning, Sunday. That's rare for me; though I warned you that I'd be busy.

On Friday we went to Elkanah for a 10th Azkarah (anniversary of death) of a dear friend. First we went to the cemetery and then had a meal and finally lots of reminisces about him. I took that picture from where I was sitting. It was a comforting site.

Then we went to my cousin's and I helped her prepare for her husband's 60th birthday, which we were celebrating Saturday night. After that we went to her daughter's in Rosh Ha'Ayin, where we spent Shabbat. After Shabbat we all went back to my cousin's. It was a very nice party with many of the same people we had seen on Friday.

That made it a very moving weekend, talking about old times, seeing the younger generation doing well and back for a party.

While we were talking about our "late friend," someone mentioned that "friends are family," and it's true. These friends we've had for decades are family, and we're doubly lucky, since some are really both family and friends.

3 comments:

Lion of Zion said...

the daughter of a forward reader who became a settler? there must be more to this story.

Batya said...

granddaughter

and what's wrong with that? Then you'd be surprised at where the younger generation is.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been very busy lately. I agree, I consider my friends as part of my family. In Hawaii they're called Hanai relatives.

Thank you for sharing this with the Carnival of Family Life.