Thursday, July 12, 2007

Instant "Birthday Cake"

No guarantee that a cake like this will past muster too much longer, but today my granddaughters, aged 2 and 4, thought it was just perfect.

They were hosting a "Birthday Party" for their aunt and uncle, and my daughter, their mother, warned me that she hadn't bought anything.

So, before leaving the house, I pulled a homemade, wholewheat cake out of the freezer, took an open date spread--bought for a previous birthday--out of the fridge and grabbed the two containers of "sprinkles," the silver and the colored.

Then I went to the party. I kept hoping the cake would thaw in time. And before the party began, I took out the goodies, spread the date stuff on the cake and gave each granddaughter some sprinkles to sprinkle.

It was fine, and nobody complained that I didn't bring candles!

2 comments:

CRUSTY MOM-E said...

Any pics of the cake??
Always,
Crusty~

Batya said...

maybe
I want to clean the memory and put them on a disc. It wasn't the prettiest cake, but why get the kids used to super-fancy ones?