Friday, October 05, 2007

Proud of my wrinkles and my maternal bulges


There's no way I would undergo surgery to excise the physical manifestations of life's milestones. In simpler terms, I'm not interested in face-lifts, breast-lifts, tummy-tucks nor any other procedure or operation to mask the true me.


I have given birth to five children and nursed them all until they were ready to eat "real food." I'm a grandmother. I'm old enough to get some "senior discounts," but not all. I've had my stress and worries over the years. I may look a bit young for my age, but people do get up in buses to give me their seat. Sticking to strict diet regimes is too stressful.
Yes, that's me, all of me.
I think that it's healthier to make peace with what and who you are than to undergo surgery or any other extreme procedure or restrictive regime.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something in between surgery and resigning yourself to bulging. But you do look good in the picture!

Shabbat shalom!

Batya said...

risa, of course, there's walking and swimming and I'll try curves and trying to eat healthy etc...

but surgery isn't on my menu

ps thanks

Anonymous said...

I love us just the way we are.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you look great! It's good that you have such a reasonable approach to an important aspect of your life.

Batya said...

vicki, being happy is a thing of beauty

t, thanks!

Anonymous said...

my god woman. go on a diet!

Batya said...

One of those things it's so easy to tell others to do.

Schvach said...

Hazak Batya. You should be extremely proud of your life's accomplishments.
Forget about all the trendy schmonses; always represent yourself by the worth you possess. Kol HaKavod lady!

Batya said...

Thanks so much schvach!

after a tough day at work...