Monday, November 26, 2007

Beta Yahoo?

A few month's ago, after unsuccessfully trying to ignore the little yahoo icon about a "beta" version, they said that those unhappy with it could switch back, I took the plunge, and... I quickly switched back.

Honestly, I can't remember what bothered me, but I didn't like it. I also don't like using gmail. That's why if you send me a letter to gmail, you get the reply from yahoo, plain ordinary non-beta yahoo.

It's not that I can't learn a new one. I've used lots of different email programs over the years: hotmail, eudora, outlook, mozilla. I loved eudora, but it began doing strange things to the computer; the same with outlook, which I didn't like all that much.

Well, now I've been getting worried, since the yahoo homepage changed, and instead of my yahoo and my mail, or something like that to sign into, they have a my beta on one side of the page and regular mail on the other.

I was so nervous about switching the blogs to the beta version, though now I really do like it. The only thing, if my memory hasn't deserted me, it doesn't do which I'd like it to do, which it once did, was to check the spelling on the titles. Otherwise the beta blogger is really better.

So, if anyone has the lowdown on yahoo, I'd appreciate hearing.

Thanks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a yahoo user, switched to gmail, and I love it, didnt look back.



There is no such thing in the computer world of staying with what u got comfortable, so u have no choice but to switch and get used to it,

Curse Bill gates for all of this

I loved Windows 3.11
switched only when i had too

I loved windows 98
switched only when i had too

I love windows xp
people hate windows vista, but i am sure one day i'll have to change.and i hope i'll grow to like it.

Batya said...

I'm not that "pragmatice." Can't think of the right word.
I can figure out how to use things pretty quickly. I can explain what's wrong, usually.
I like the old yahoo and will use it until I have no choice. Once I tried the new blogger, I agreed that it's better. I like it much better than gmail.
When I have no choice...