Friday, November 02, 2007

Lots to Do Today

Lots to do , yes, it's Friday, my "day off." Tomorrow's (actually from tonight) Shabbat, when I "do nothing," just enjoy Shabbat.

All the cooking is done in advance. I just cut the salad before sitting down to eat.
The house is cleaned.
This week, like last, we have guests for the two main meals.
No telephones and no computer. Lights are turned on and off automatically.

Even though I wasn't raised in a Torah observant home and had no idea what Shabbat is until well into my teens, today I just can't imagine how one can survive without Shabbat, this "day off."

Shabbat Shalom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we grow older, I think we appreciate Shabbat much more, and on much deeper levels.

Batya said...

That's true, but even moreso, I wasn't raised with Shabbat, today and I can't imagine how one survives without the "rest."