Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ooops!

Saturday night our sun-heated hot water was cold, so I turned on the electric boiler. A short while later, I noticed that the red bulb was off. Strange. That had never happened before. Something must be wrong with the boiler, bulb or something. So Sunday morning I called our friendly friend the electrician. He told me that it could be the bulb, so check if the meter is spinning when on. It didn't seem to be spinning, so it seemed like something was wrong.

Yesterday he came over to check it out. Yes, it seemed dead when he checked the wires. Then he went to the electric box. Oops! Yes and double oops!

The fuse switch was down. I didn't know that the boiler had its very own fuse switch. I had checked the other switches near the boiler one in the house and they all worked.

It wasn't a total waste of a visit which does cost money. I had asked him to change the switch to one with a "clock," so we can set it to go on and off in advance.

Well, I never claimed to be perfect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it can happen to anyone.


you've never met perfection until you've met me. so don't worry

Batya said...

Have I met you? Just curious.
Lakewood was never my kinda place.