Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Should we take the plunge?


As I painfully freeze here, even with the heater, on an extension cord, I wonder if we should get one of the those heater-cooler things. The ones people use here are wall-mounted and controlled by remote control and timers.

Of course it won't help me here in the den, just the livingroom, diningroom kitchen. But they have "fans" which make them heat quickly. That means, I'd only need it on when home, instead of hours before to get the chill out. But by not being on the floor, like my oil-filed radiators, the floor won't heat up.

But they are also air-conditioners, so the house will be cooler in the summer. Using the air-conditioner option means that whatever money we save in the winter, by not needing it on so much, will be spent in the summer...

Hmmm... I'm still cold.

4 comments:

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

I can't stand to be cold. I'd do darn near anything not to be...no matter how impractical or extravagent.....

Batya said...

Problem is that it's expensive and won't heat the entire house.

Anonymous said...

don't u have a heating system at all? u must be really colllllld. I hope it warms up soon for you guys.

thanks for your visit to my blog and nice comment it's always appreciated

Batya said...

We have heaters but not a "system."