Friday, February 22, 2008

Finished My Coffee

So, I must get back to cooking and cleaning.

Most honored and beloved guests, my kids and grandkids are coming for Shabbat.

Strange. When the kids were younger, we had lots of guests, and the house always was large enough. Now that we've been empty-nesting for years, it's such an effort to make room. I can't remember the last time every room was full. Not long ago we took the old couch out of the den and put up more book shelves. Now we'll have to put mattresses on the floor. There won't even be a room to dump things.

And, as I said, I finished my morning coffee, so now I have to get to work. Cooking and cleaning and getting ready for Shabbat and the people I love the most.

Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach
May You Have a True Shabbat, a Blessed Shabbat

5 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

As my parents replaced mattresses in my childhood room and my siblings' rooms, they did it with hi-risers.

We're the ones who have to put up with them said...

Enjoy Shabbat with your family! The kids probably love the mattresses on the floor. Just like camping!

Batya said...

pesky, ellie,
We were short a mattress. I should have called neighbors to get another one.

But I'm sure everyone had fun. I hope they did. there was plenty of food and I'll have plenty of laundry to do!

Lady-Light said...

I can so relate to your post. It is so exciting to have the kids (and their spouses)visit; just ended a wonderful visit myself, from my son & daughter-in-law from Israel.
Will be in Israel (G-d willing) this Thursday, for older son's chatunah. As I said to Jack, would love to hear from fellow bloggers, even if just to say 'allo' (-and offer me a job so I can stay there!)
052-538-1162. Call me.

Batya said...

We only had everyone for Shabbat. Jerusalem, at my daughter, is more convenient sans car.
They really warmed up the house. An empty nest is so cold.
The grandchildren really enjoyed all the doting aunts and uncles. It was fun, B"H.