Monday, February 18, 2008

So Far, No Snow

I was really counting on a snow day today, staying home on my busiest day of the week. Last week the weather mavens had predicted storms Sunday night and snow by this morning, but they were wrong. (See previous post--my nails are freshly and wetly polished; it's hard to type w/o smudging.)

Last night the Monday garbage trucks went around collecting. Too bad they didn't warn us, or I would have dumped more in the "frog."

They promised us an official day off if it snows again. Last time they tried "business as usual," but without us commuters. They hadn't checked how few teachers are local or could make it to the yeshiva. Many of the Beit El ones live in "Bet," and it's a hike.

Last night I was a bad girl and refused to go to the staff meeting. I work part-time, and they always have meetings on my days off.

2 comments:

yitz said...

This morning here in Jerusalem, it was sunny, didn't look like we'd have even rain. Then, the winds started picking up, & dark clouds loomed in the horizon. Now it's raining. The updated forecast predicts snow for tonite, continuing into tomorrow. We'll soon see!

Batya said...

Yes, this morning was lovely, and bli neder, I'll have some more pictures posted.

In the Beit El yeshiva where I teach, classes were cancelled from 4:20. It began to rain and hail on the way home.