Monday, March 03, 2008

Not "Nothing"

I had a busy, though wasteful day yesterday. How could that be? Easy.

I went to Jerusalem in the morning, got stuck in a traffic jam by the Jerusalem Bus Station, met a friend at Malcha Mall for early lunch. We had small sandwiches at the Cafe` Hillel. The price was ns20, but the sandwich was small. I had the "East-West," which had lox and avocado and I'm not sure what else. At least it was bigger than my friend's goat cheese one. The bread was good, but I knew I'd be hungry afterwards, certainly before the "surprise 50th" we were invited to much later that night.

Next I went to my Har Nof dentist. I've always considered Har Nof the ugliest neighborhood, but now Har Chomah gets the prize. At the dentist, B"H, I'll just need another filling replaced. They wear out, like a lot of other things.

It took two buses to get to my daughter's, where I had decided to "rest" or "hide-out" until we had to go to the party. While changing buses I bought a "Tuna Salad," from the Neeman Cafe at the site of the old Weil Shoe Store, which is also the site of the first Sbarro, which was bombed by an Arab terrorist a few years ago. Of course I bought the salad to avoid having a sandwich, since I can really feel the extra fat on me. Bad move. There are far fewer calories in a simple sandwich, especially, since the salad comes with two rolls! So I ended up eating all the tuna and salad and both too light and airy to be real whole-wheat rolls.
Then I sat around my daughter's apartment watching TV, not burning those calories. Later on we went to the party. The lit cake is shown at the end; it doesn't look like there were 50 candles, but the guest of honor managed to blow them out. Fifty does seem "young" to me. You'll probably read about the party in the Jerusalem Post. I wonder if we'll be mentioned, again.

Now to the "nothing" in the title. I'm referring to the latest Havel Havelim, posted on The Israel Situation. It's definitely worth reading, and there are no calories!

No comments: