Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Putting Things Together

Sometimes I surprise even myself.

When I was putting things away for Passover I dropped one of the dishdrainers. Now this is quite a dishdrainer. About nine years ago when I went to New York, I noticed it at my husband's aunt and uncle's house. They had just spent the value of my house redoing their kitchen and what did I go crazy about, their dishdrainer!

I had been looking for a new one (actually a pair--meat and dairy.) It's a nice big double-decker, lots of room for lots of dishes and pots, perfect for people who don't have a dishwasher.

They showed me the catalogue and I went pale at the $60- price. So they bought me two. Yes, at that price it includes a draining board.

Well, one broke. I couldn't find screws on the floor and packed it away, figuring I'd bring it to a metalworker who fixes things. So, last night I took it out and took a good look at the one which didn't break. There were no screws; the pieces just went into each other. So, by copying the complete one, I assembled the broken one, and yes, I fixed it!

2 comments:

Baila said...

How 'bout a picture?

Batya said...

You're right. I'll take one now when I go back to the kitchen.