Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Advantages of Walking

This isn't a health article.

If I hadn't decided to take a walk the other day at dusk, I wouldn't have been outside in order to see and photograph the magnifcent sunset.




There's an added bonus to getting out of the house and it's the beauty of G-d's world. I don't "play" with my photos. I don't "photoshop" or any of those photo-graphic programs. On the rarest of rare occassions I may crop a picture. I do use the zoom lens, but that's it.

I learned my photography skills on simple
Kodak "brownies."
  • "Point"
  • "Make sure only what's important is in the viewfinder"
  • "Stand stiller than still"
  • "Shoot"

And oy v'voy if you wasted film.

"Do you realize how much it costs to develop and print every picture?!?"

So that's why, even now, almost two years after buying my digital camera, I rarely take more than a couple of shots of any scene. And that's why cropping is so rare for me. And of course, living in Shiloh gives me some of the most gorgeous photo material.

3 comments:

smb said...

that pic is gorgeous

Leora said...

You brought us into that sunset. Did you notice how one side of trees is blurred and the other crisp? Nice photographic touch.

In a way, it is about health. Emotional health. You know what makes you feel good. That's important.

Batya said...

l &l, thanks

I think the blur came from the zoom.

I always feel better when I can get lots of physical activity. B"H, seems like my knees have been healing. That means that I'll be able to do more things again.