Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Choosing Clothes

It's always so confusing and tricky to choose the right clothes for the weather during this "transition" season. It can be freezing cold in the morning, boiling at noon and cold again in the late afternoon. Shiloh, like Jerusalem, has little humidity. Humidity stabilizes the temperature. The water in the air is like insulation. We don't have it, making for extreme temperature differentials at various times of the day.

Now, I have to choose what to wear. I don't want to be too cold or too hot.

Toodaloo...

3 comments:

Leora said...

Layers. I bought two cotton sweater sets for spring. Very thin cotton on the sweater.

Sounds like a nice time of year, over there!

Leora said...

On second thought, you reminded me of when my husband lived in Jerusalem and worked in Tel Aviv (long before I knew him). I think he wore a winter coat on the bus and would take it off on the way.

Sounds like you would need a backpack just for the extra clothes. Disposable sweaters?

Batya said...

leora, sweater sets, nice

Actually, my off-white (impossible to keep clean) winter coat isn't bad for warm winter days. It's thin with great insulation.

My craziest clothing for comuting was when we were first married and still in NY. That summer I needed a sweater for the subway and sometimes the office, but not when I was outside.