Friday, May 23, 2008

Computer Panic!

Twice just recently, including minutes ago, strange things happened on my computers, as if something was broken.
  1. I couldn't get my "memory key" to function. It seemed like it was dead. I plugged it into the extension and the computer acted like it wasn't there. I tried "my computer," and there was no sign of it.
  2. Just now, I went to down/upload (whatever's the correct verb) pictures to the other computer and the computer kept insisting that the #$%$$% port wasn't recognized, whatever the term. I kept turning the camera off and on and plugging and unplugging.

Now, what do you think happened? Were both things really broken? None of this affects my blogging, so you can't guess by that.

  1. After calming down, a couple of days later, I checked the extension by unplugging and plugging it in again. Suddenly, the memory key appeared.
  2. I simply restarted the computer and tried again--no problems. The pictures are being burned on the disc as we "speak."

Yes, Baruch Hashem, Thank G-d, things can be this simple to fix.

No comments: