Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Walk Through Ofra

My daughter and her family live in Ofra. Ofra is the most veteran of Shomron (Samarian) yishuvim (Jewish communities.)

Ofra 6
Even though they've been living there for four and a half years, I've never wandered around more than her neighborhood. But now she went back to work after an extended maternity leave, and the baby is at a sitter who lives in a different neighborhood.

Ofra 1
So enjoy the pictures I took wheeling him through the lovely parkland in the middle of Ofra. I was very pleasantly surprised at how gorgeous it is.

Ofra 2
There's no need to travel to a place for a picnic.

Ofra 3
You can get to Ofra easily by bus from Jerusalem, Ariel and a few other places in the Shomron. Most, but not all, of the buses also connect Shiloh with Ofra.
Ofra 4
Ofra 5

3 comments:

therapydoc said...

Oh, it's lovely.

Leora said...

I was there once, about 15 years ago (on our honeymoon). My husband has a relative there. I don't remember it being this beautiful; I mostly remember the bus ride. You have a good eye.

Batya said...

doc, leora,
I go to Ofra all the time and had never seen this. I followed a path, rather than the road, between two neighborhoods.