Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sorry, Hope You Haven't Lost My Address

I see that this blog has been terribly silent, sort of hibernating, since I'm away in "golus." At least Shiloh Musings is being filled with new and exciting posts. Nothing like good friends.

We've been eating in lots of restaurants recently. It seems like you have to really check the "fine print." Some of those which advertise themselves as kosher aren't really, at least technically. A kosher restaurant means that there's no cooking on Shabbat, that it's closed on Shabbat. A big meat one mid-town Manhattan, "Ben's," claims to be kosher, but I was informed that it doesn't keep all of the Jewish laws.

But we've had some great kosher food in Shish Kabab, on Middleneck Road, Great Neck and Mazers in Little Neck and Dairy King in Lake Success. I'm sure I've gone to others, but I can't remember.

The food our generous hosts served us in Holliswood was unreal, better even than the restaurants.

I've been walking a lot here, but not enough to keep my skirt loose.

9 minutes left.

El Al snafu!
Actually, it's the fault of our agent. I'll probably tell you who the bum is once I'm home. El Al sent a message to my husband that his flight was canceled and they scheduled him later. He called to complain, since he needs to get back earlier. They informed him that:
  • there was no room on earlier flights
  • they had told the agent mid may about the change
So his plans are fouled up.

Just be healthy! Stay in touch!

3 comments:

frumhouse said...

Just waving hello!

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you.

Batya said...

thanks
miss the frequent contact