Saturday, August 23, 2008

Feeling Pretty Sick

Did we all catch Frum Satire's virus?

The strangest thing happened to me. I had a nice busy Friday, with my married daughter and her family over to use the pool, first she and her daughters and then during men's hours, her husband. And I got the house ready for two Nativ Soldiers who were to be our guests for Shabbat. A neighbor called in the morning inviting us for Friday night, which we accepted.

Everything was ready for Shabbat and while my husband and the soldiers went to shul Friday night, I rested on the couch and then...

I was hit by a wave of "weakness." I was frozen, felt sick. It was awful. Then I went to the neigbor's and realized that there was no way I could eat a meal or sit at the table. So I went home after kiddush.

I just felt awful.

The next morning I stayed home, hanging out on the couch. We had an additional friend for Shabbat lunch, and I think everyone had a good time.

My husband had to set up for the shiur. We served water and grapes. I tried to tell him to put out a cake,but he didn't hear me.

It was a nice shiur and my friends cleaned up. One's a doctors, so when just about everyone left, she came over:
"What is going on? Do you have fever?"
"Probably"
"So take an Acomol."

I showed her where they are, and she brought them to me with some water.

I'm tired.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better.

Sarah Likes Green said...

refuah sheleimah.

i wasn't at the blogger conference but i think i got the bug too :(

Batya said...

ilana, thanks

feel better sarah

The dishes are filling the sink, and the house is a mess. Oy

A Living Nadneyda said...

Refuah Shleimah.

ALN