Monday, August 04, 2008

Nice Walk

I just got back from a nice walk. It must have been about two kilometers or more. Around the neighborhood twice. Yes, it's after 11pm now. A bissel late.

I needed the outdoor air. It's so cool and clean.

I was out in the morning to go down to the Tel and eat waffles. By the time I made it home, I was dripping wet and didn't want to go out again. But then, late at night, I had this urge to get out. So l did.

Lots and lots of neighbors were out. It's so much more pleasant outside at night.

5 comments:

frumhouse said...

When I was in Israel, even though the days were unbearably hot, you could always count on evenings to be beautiful and breezy. The skies were so clear and the stars so bright. The best time to go for walks during the summer is at night! Of course, in Chicago, you'll get eaten alive by mosquitos after dark!

Batya said...

In the mountains it's like this, but other parts of the country don't have the relief. But at least no strong, hot sun at night.

A Living Nadneyda said...

In Israel, the days are SO HOT... by (late) evening it is finally bearable (and yes, we have a/c).

That Guy I Married and I have spent many an evening just hanging out in the garden, talking. And half our neighbors are out too, walking around, talking, whatever. So are the kids, come to think of it.

ALN

Batya said...

I feel the weight of the hot sun here. It was easier to walk during the day in NY.

Batya said...

I feel the weight of the hot sun here. It was easier to walk during the day in NY.