Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is Rosh Hashannah Really Next Week?

Par for the course, I don't quite feel very ready. I was so late with inviting people that they ended up inviting us. Rather pathetic I admit, but since I invited people I'd love to be with, it's working out great, bli eyen haraa.

I won't have all that much cooking to do. I may even bake. Sometimes we have neighbors over for kiddush on Rosh Hashannah. Our shul has a half hour Kiddush break between Shacharit (morning prayers) and shofar blowing. Since we live right near the shul, it's easy to have kiddush by us. Actually, last year the shul organized a community kiddush, but we still went home.

This Shabbat we're also having a shul Kiddush, since we do it every month before the Jewish Rosh Chodesh, beginning of the new month.

Shannah Tovah, Gmar Chatima Tovah.

No comments: