Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It's None of My Business

And nobody will be asking my opinion, but I'm going to give it any way. That's the great thing about being a blogger. I'm my own boss, editor, etc.

I don't think that the Palins should make their daughter and her boyfriend get married. Actually, they shouldn't allow the young couple to get married.

Shotgun weddings have notoriously short shelf-lives. The father should be given responsibilities concerning the child and the young mother, but the young couple shouldn't be roped into marriage. It makes a farce out of marriage. Marriage shouldn't be punishment for "unprotected" sex.

2 comments:

JJ said...

I agree 100%. The mistake they made in getting pregnant shouldn't be compounded by a far worse mistake: teenage marriage. The odds are terrible that it will last in the long term.

Batya said...

That's for sure, though the Palins, who according to press were high school sweethearts, are probably much more optimistic than we are.