Monday, September 01, 2008

Showing Off Jerusalem

My cousins are visiting. For their daughter it's a first time in Israel. They went to the Israel Museum, where there isn't much to see, since it's being renovated, drastically for sure. At least they found the Shrine of the Book interesting, plus the model of Jerusalem in Second Temple Times.


The construction downtown has me amazed each time I'm there. The old building where the Ankori School was, near the Anna Ticho Museum, is down. Down is the word, as you can see. The school has relocated on Ben Yehuda Street.



We had a very tasty "lupper," lunch/supper at the restaurant in the Anna Ticho, but I was very disappointed that the new curator of the museum has removed the beautiful old pictures and replaced it with all sorts of trendy "installation art" or whatever it's called. It really was a bore. The restaurant's placemats were prettier, taken from Anna Ticho pictures.

They came to Israel with a shopping list, and I'm glad that they wanted to shop downtown. I really think it's important to patronize the stores there, since conditions are so difficult, and fewer people bother going.

No comments: