Friday, September 12, 2008

Yes, Friday

Yes, it's Friday. And it's a busy Friday, besides the usual Friday business. And I mean "busyness," very busy.

After going to the pool, I have to get the house ready. Most of the family, kids and all grandkids are expected for Shabbat.

Since my baby came home and is here for his friend's "uf ruff," a peculiar Yiddishism for the Shabbat before a wedding when the chattan, groom, is called to the Torah. Trekker may also stay*, since, the chattan is his friend, too, and he has no shifts for the weekend. And because my baby is here, his #2 big sister announced that she's coming, and she's = 5, meaning married with three kids.

*"stay"
Last night was the wedding, here in Shiloh, of another of their friends. At least I presume they're both sleeping here. At least nobody left before I went to sleep.

So, I have to finish cooking and clean and clean and cook etc. It seems like I have to try to make this house more baby-proof than was needed for the girls. Our grandson is more adventurous, curious, whatever. My daughter reported that yesterday he climbed out of his highchair, somehow removing the "seatbelt" and then climbed onto the kitchen table to take some raisins he wanted to eat. I think that he takes more after our side, but I had those great "zip-a-babe" safety harnesses.

I'm also busy with Havel Havelim. I don't think I'll get much done on that today, and sometime today the links will cease to arrive in my mailbox and go to next week's host. Posting day is Sunday, so G-d willing, it will be out on time.

Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach!
Have a Peaceful and Blessed Shabbat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it'll be a wonderful family Shabbat! Enjoy!!

Batya said...

thanks
be well